Project Management Professional (PMP)
What is the PMP® Project Management Professional
The Project Management Institute (PMI) offers a professional credential for Project Managers, which is known as the Project Management Professional, or PMP®. As the gold standard of project management, PMP® boasts over one million certified professionals globally.
Developed by the PMI, this heavyweight project management standard takes the fundamental framework offered by others and adds a process driven approach. This ensures that organisations and Project Managers both get consistent results, irrespective of formality or scale.
The PMBOK® Guide includes the 49 processes covering the full implementation of a project. According to the PMI these processes will increase the likely success rate of project implementation and earn the certification holder up to 25% higher earning potential.
The PMP® Certification can help your career in the following key areas:
- It makes your CV stand out from your competitors
- Gives you knowledge of a common global language
- There is a large demand for certified Project Managers
- As a member of the PMI you will have excellent networking opportunities
Is this course suitable for me?
Unlike other Project Management qualifications, the PMP® Certification requires actual project management experience before you can take the PMP® examination.
Before being able to sit your exam, you will need to show 5 years work experience leading a project, or 3 years’ experience if you have a University degree. This clearly demonstrates the prestige of the certification. Once you have completed your training and examination you can add the letters PMP after your name!
Prerequisites for enrolment – None. Everyone is welcome to enrol onto this course.
Perquisites for the exam – 5 years’ experience leading a project, or 3 years’ experience for delegates with a University degree.
What jobs could I get with the PMP® Project Management Professional?
As a PMP® Certificate holder you are fully certified as a Project Manager. This means that you can apply for jobs as a Project Manager, often seeing a 25% salary increase over those who do not hold a PMP® Certificate. The average salary of a PMP® Certificate holder is £48k, but high earners can earn in excess of £80k per annum.
Why choose to study your PMP® Certificate with us
- We offer a unique ‘Hop on, hop off’ solution, where you can join our training course and leave/return as and when you need to
- PMBOK® Guide (the PMP® Manual) for all students
0% APR payment plans available
- Over 16 years’ experience in the education and training sector
- Wide range of training options: Classrooms, Virtually, On-site, or Online
- We have trained over 555,000 delegates from around the world
- Our past candidates have gone on to work for large organisations around the world, including: Apple, Rackspace, John Lewis, MoD, HMRC, Swiss Quote, Exponential-E
Course & Exam Details
Syllabus & Course Modules
Over the four-day exam preparation course, you will cover each of the 49 processes of the certification and discuss the breakdown of each of these into ITTOs; Inputs, Tools and Techniques and Outputs.
This is achieved across five project phases:
- Monitoring and Controlling
The five phases span ten knowledge or subject areas, which are generally performed in the delivery of a project. These include:
- Integration management
- Scope management
- Schedule management
- Cost management
- Quality management
- Resource management
- Communications management
- Risk management
- Procurement management
- Stakeholder engagement
In addition to this, we will also discuss trends and emerging practices within the profession of project management, how to tailor the sixth edition to suit the needs of your own organisation and considerations for organisations that are more Agile in terms of their project delivery.
Exam style– Multiple-Choice
Exam length – 4 hours
Number of questions – 200
Unlimited Mentor Support
This PMP® course includes Unlimited Mentor Support, for 12 months, to help you throughout your training with us. You can ask any question related to your course, irrespective of how simple or technical it may be. To help make things even easier, a mentor can share screens with you (with your permission), to help clarify concepts, demonstrate features, perform detailed walk-throughs and help to reinforce what you have learnt.
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to our mentors for 12 months from your enrolment
- Access to a mentor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Access to a mentor is via live chat, reducing wait times to typically under a minute
- Our mentors keep up to date with technology, continue to develop new skills and earn additional industry regulated certifications. They’re passionate about all things technical and have a desire to “teach” and help new students. They’re “handpicked” to support our students, based on the topics they are being taught or learning for the first time.
- Being able to speak with a mentor to help reinforce what you’ve learnt, especially in the following scenarios:
- When you cannot find the answer yourself
- Learning a concept for the first time
- Discovering more about a new concept learned
- When you forget a concept or need help with applying them
PMI, Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Professional, PMP, and PMBOK are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
After the advice given by the Government, NHS and WHO, we have taken the appropriate measures to ensure the safety of all our delegates attending our classrooms and events. This has been, and always will be, our number one priority.
We wanted to reassure you that all our scheduled classrooms and events will still be running. However, we will be now be offering them Virtually.
This decision to move all learning to Virtual and to offer support remotely has been taken to protect delegates and trainers. This allows delegates to continue their learning and for trainers to maintain the same level of service.
Because the situation is changing daily, we will do our best to provide you with the most up-to-date information, and this will be communicated via our website or email.
For anyone with queries regarding classrooms you are about to attend, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 02 3198 7706.
Please stay safe.